When I came across this custom sewn window valance at a local second hand store I did not hesitate to purcahse it for $7.99. After washing it I laid it out on my bedroom floor.
Armed with just my rotary cutter, cutting mat, and drapery clips I customized this Country Curtain toile valance for my own windows. After measuring, I cut the valance. NO sewing required. The rotary cutter made such a clean cut... they looked finished!
Voila! And I think they look fantastic with the Pottery Barn comforter cover.
I finally found a cabinet for the small space in my bathroom. I needed a bit more storage so I began my search for the perfect piece. It has taken about two years, but so worth the wait. To distress it, I first painted the entire piece martha stewart harbor grey (visible on the drawer pulls). Secondly, using a butter cream color, I painted over that. It took me an entire day to scrape the entire piece with a straight blade. I chose to leave the inside of the cabinet painted butter cream (see photo below). Lastly, I waxed the entire piece. The results...
The top holds a hobnail collection and the bottom is the extra storage I needed!
An old piece that now has a fresh clean distressed look
Had some time today to share a few photos of my vegetable and herb garden... welcome! We'll be adding some pea gravel between the raiesed beds and after that, we can enjoy our bounty. I just love summertime...