Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

curtain decision...finally!


Finally finding time to finish my post--I apologize for the GIANT pause.  Above is a photo of the dining room curtains-- the way I dreamed they would hang.  I don't make decisions easily and this one I wrestled with for weeks.  Problem: everytime I passed by the room the look never felt right... I always thought too dressed or too layered...  After some more trial and error I decided on the look below... 


I removed one layer at a time.  The velvet topper came down first.   Next the white sheer.  At this point I was left with the velvet curtain panels and the wood blind (in the photo above it is hard to see the blind behind the sheer but it was there too!)  But.. the look still wasn't right.  I narrowed the problem down to the curtain rod.  I toyed with that decision for a few more weeks!  I chose cherry wood instead of wrought iron.  What do you think of this simplified version?

No comments:

Post a Comment