Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Snow Day #3--A Coat Rack is re-engineered






Isn't New England beautiful.  This is what the landscape looked like after storm #3 passed through.  While we were under siege I got busy inside.  I thought I could do something with this... a coat rack which I paid $10 for.
The entry way to our home is nearly nonexistent.  No grand foyer here!  Opening our front door practically forces you up the stairs leaving no room for your guests to enter.  Making this space more practical is certainly a challenge!   The photo below is a shot from the staircase looking down.


 




See what I mean.  The coat rack's legs were wide which made getting around it clumsy.  I took the legs off and stared at the post for about an hour.  While pondering the next step, I painted the door.  Next, I stripped the post of all it's hooks.  To the left of the door I have the narrowest bit of wall...  yup, just enough wall to hang the coat rack post on.  I loved the mismatched hooks so back they went.  This is what I did...  and I am so pleased with the result.  A little quirky, practical, and adds interest to the space.  perfect!  These are a few different shots of the re-engineered coat rack...
 
 



Make the most of your (SNOW) day!!!  Elizabeth







































No comments:

Post a Comment